Benefits of Mulching
- Mulches prevent loss of water from the soil by evaporation.
- Mulches reduce the growth of weeds, when the mulch material itself is weed-free and applied deeply enough to prevent weed germination or to smother existing weeds.
- Mulches keep the soil cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, thus maintaining a more even soil temperature.
- Mulches prevent soil splashing, which not only stops erosion but keeps soil-borne diseases from splashing up onto the plants.
- Organic mulches can improve the soil structure. As the mulch decays, the material becomes topsoil. Decaying mulch also adds nutrients to the soil.
- Mulches prevent crusting of the soil surface, thus improving the absorption and movement of water into the soil.
- Mulches prevent the trunks of trees and shrubs from damage by lawn equipment.
- Mulches help prevent soil compaction.
- Mulches can add to the beauty of the landscape by providing a cover of uniform color and interesting texture to the surface.
- Mulched plants have more roots than plants that are not mulched, because mulched plants will produce additional roots in the mulch that surrounds them.
HAVE A QUESTION GIVE US A CALL 610-521-9473 (all materials are avialable for pickup at our yard during business hours)
Click below to order some of our mulch.
- Certified Playground Mulch
Clean hardwood, triple shredded school board approved for impact resistance. Meets or exceeds code standards.
- Economy Hardwood Mulch
Large area fill mulch. Priced for large commercial work.
- Root Mulch
All Natural undyed premium root mulch designed for embankments and all natural plant support.
- Triple Shredded Black Dye Mulch
Premium ground color enhanced black dyed mulch.
- Triple Shredded Brown dyed Mulch
Premium ground color enhanced brown dyed mulch.
- Triple Shredded Red Dyed Mulch
Premium ground color enhanced red dyed mulch.
- Wood Chips